Department of Business Administration / University Requirements
- The total credits required for graduation are included:
- BA Required Courses: Please check the following required courses list in your entering year.
- Elective courses: Students could choose elective courses from Department of Business Administration or other departments, including minor and double major courses. If you are not certain about the courses please ask BA office.
- Physical Education Courses: 0 (required: 4 semesters)
- Service Learning Courses: 0 (required: 2 semesters)
- General Education Courses: 28~32
-General credits are including Chinese language courses (24 credits) + other general education courses (4-8 credits in humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and cross-discipline, residential college area)
-For students enrolled after 2011
- Students should pass TOCFL-Listening-Band B with a minimum score of 61 and TOCFL-Reading-Band B with a minimum score of 64 before the end of December in your senior year. Students need to pay 2-credit fees personally to take the Mandarin makeup course in case of failure to meet this requirement.(The name of the TOCFL test level has been changed from 2013. Therefore our listening and reading level has changed to Band B-Level 4)
The regulation has been changed in 2018 according to the revocation of NCCU foreign language graduation standard, make up course is no longer to be provided. For students enrolled after 2018 (including 2018) who have to follow NCCU admission guideline to pass Level 2 of TOCFL. Students failing to acquire a TOCFL certificate of the required level must take and pass 4 semesters of NCCU Mandarin Special Course (one course per semester) at their expense before graduation to meet the criteria.
- Undergraduate students of all departments shall not take fewer than 12 credits or more than25 credits of courses each semester from their 1st to 3rd academic years and shall not take less than 10 credits or more than 25 credits of courses in their 4th academic year. The credits and grades of a student who breaches this rule will not be admitted. However, under special circumstances, with the approval of the chairperson of the department, students may be allowed to take fewer (no fewer than 6 credits) or more credits (no more than 6 credits).
- If a student fails the first term of a two-term course held by the department, they will need special authorization from their professor to take the second term course.
- Students who fail required courses offered during the regular semester may choose to repeat the course during the summer session; the department will accept the credit.
- Many of the BA department courses have pre-requisites. If a student does not fulfill the pre-requisite requirements of a course and wishes to take it, they must first get authorization from the course professor.
- Extracurricular activities, clubs and student organizations are not included and do not recognized to the graduation required credits.
- The regulations posted by the department are subject to change pending department meeting decisions.
- All regulations are binding upon departmental meeting agreement. They may only be changed, added or removed by department decision.
- If the elective course is for one academic year (2 semesters), students have to complete the first semester or both semesters, cannot only take the second semester according to NCCU regulation (http://aca.nccu.edu.tw/download/rulesdata/law01B.pdf).
Foreign student admissions process
Regulations governing foreign student admissions to National Chengchi University
(To see detailed information please visit "Office of International Cooperation" Website, URL: http://oic.nccu.edu.tw/)